02 Wrangler X (sloooow) Build

mmmm gas

Adventurist
I never did a build thread for my jeep but I like it here so this is where i'll put it.

My jeep is a 2002 Wrangler X. We bought it roughly 5 years ago and have been slowly making the changes to it to suit our needs,and thats to enjoy finding new places to explore and enjoy being outside with the doors off and the top down while getting sunburnt without realizing it.

aajeepcamp.jpg

Drivetrain: 4.0 liter,banks air intake,5 speed transmission, stock transfer case,stock axles(D30/D35),Banks exhaust system.

Suspension: Budget boost(2.25 front, 2.0 rear)

Wheels/Tires: Stock Rubicon Moabs with Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX 265/75/16

Exterior: AEV front bumper, Teraflax rock sliders,Xenon flat flares,OR-FAB Spare tire carrier,Rokman aluminum fold down tailgate with storage.

Interior: Rock hard cage,Rear cargo Basket.

Like is stated early, its slow work in progress. I'm trying to take my time choosing the part I want for the long haul because I plan on have this jeep for a long time to come. I'm trying my best to keep it light so any chance I get to switch something metal out with aluminum without sacrificing strength or safety I work on making that move.

aajeepcoffee.jpg
aajeepcoveredbridge.jpg

aajeepfirerad.jpg

aajeeptailgaste.jpg

I just had the new tires put on over the weekend so I haven't go a chance to see how they perform in any conditions yet.

aajeepnutires.jpg

aajeepnutireclose.jpg

Like your build so far! Who makes the custom tailgate? I have a CJ gate to be installed on my YJ...but that is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew I remembered seeing them, just couldn't remember where. And I can completely relate to your build thread, I never expected my KJ to be where it is...but I like it too! Maybe I'll see you out on the trails!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew I remembered seeing them, just couldn't remember where. And I can completely relate to your build thread, I never expected my KJ to be where it is...but I like it too! Maybe I'll see you out on the trails!

It is a great looking KJ,I like it! We'll keep an eye out for ya, we plan out spreading our wings a little further on trips so im sure it will be only a matter of time until we cross paths.

Love it!!!! Great build and additions.........tailgate is awesome!

Thank You Maxcustody! The tailgate is my favorite part,so far.

Perfect setup. Look forward to the future progress :)
Thanks heehawhardy!

Im a little late with this(hence the Christmas tree) but next up is the Savvy aluminum rear bumper, Im just waiting for a little warmer weather for I can paint the bumper and drill out a bumper bolt that snapped off.
savvyrearbumperytrr.jpg

Finally got some color on the Savvy aluminum rear bumper and got it put on,so now I have some rear recovery points.

savvyfullbare.jpg

savvyhookbare.jpg

savvyplateside.jpg

savvyrear.jpg

savvyside.jpg

Love that painted Savvy rear. Sorta makes me wanna get their new one for the JK. As always love this Jeep!

Thank You Hardy! I Been looking at the Savvy rear for the Mrs.mmmmgas's jeep.But its harder to talk her into jeep parts because she would rather buy shoes :p

Since i'm awaiting for some minor parts to arrive for my jeep I Added an AEV 2.5 duel sport lift to the Wifes JK this weekend with the upgraded grade 8 bolt kit from Northridge to curb any future death wobble issues.
keesliftedjeep.jpg

Thank You Hardy! I Been looking at the Savvy rear for the Mrs.mmmmgas's jeep.But its harder to talk her into jeep parts because she would rather buy shoes :p

FYI Barnes4wd is coming out with a slim fit JK rear bumper. Looks just like your TJ Savvy.

Her JK looks GREAT!!

I have an 03' TJ X, Red as well, that I am doing a slow build on. I'll keep checking back for ideas, you have a nice rig so far.

Back
Top Bottom