A Rendezvous with unknown friends

Fantastic photos and story line. Throughly enjoyed the narration and this is the reason why I love Overlanding. A connection between adventure, nature and warm human spirit. Sharing is caring for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said on Facebook, it was great to see you again and a pleasure to meet Chelsea and the kids. Look forward to seeing you in camp again sometime soon.

On a side note, this is an awesome trip report. I think we can all learn from this and is a great example of the kind of quality to strive for. I wish I had your ability to paint a picture with words.

Seeing the kids make camp friends is pretty special. I think that's almost half the joy in going to events like these. (The other half being a happy spouse, as that allows for more opportunities to go camping, right? ;) )

Pretty sure I walked past Chelsea getting the boys geared up for sundown just before the potluck Saturday. Penny and I had gone for a walk down beyond that righteous, white Bronco to do a little exploring. We found a giant felled tree, amphitheater, and rang a bell. It was pretty cool.

Unfortunately, this being our first family camping trip, we were so focused on ensuring each other's happiness we missed all the opportunities to engage with our neighbors. There was so much to worry about. In the end, we learned a lot from the experience and will be much better prepared next time - and we'll be trying to find other parents to hang out with.

I guess this is my way of saying it's nice to know you're part of this group and there's a chance we'll cross paths in the future. Maybe I'll even get the old RC truck up and running before next time.

Thanks for sharing the great writeup.
:camper

Just an utterly beautiful write up and pictures. You could not have described better how so many of us feel about getting out and meeting new friends. Just wait until next time when you get to renew those friendships and see folks you may not have seen in six months (if you make Desert Rendezvous) or a year when you return to Mountain Rendezvous! We like to see how the munchkins have grown!!!

This perfectly captures the Rendezvous experience that is so difficult to put to words. I tell people about and it just comes out weird. So... You go camp with a bunch of people you've never met? Oh, you "met" them on the Internet? ... blank stare ...

I'll be directing them to this thread from now on.

Love your writing style...

"hurricane of monkeys..." and "bulletproof bed & breakfast..." were my personal faves. :)

Seeing families camp with their kids takes all of us back I believe...to the earliest adventure seeds that were planted and sown during our respective childhoods.

:camping

A very grounded and honest window into the Mountain Rendezvous experience....thank you for posting.

Great report and write up. This is our first family event and we had so much fun. Evethough i got rear ended on our way up, we still manage to go and have fun.

On a side note, this is an awesome trip report. I think we can all learn from this and is a great example of the kind of quality to strive for. I wish I had your ability to paint a picture with words.

Agreed! I think you've set the bar for trip reports now! You've reinspired me to dust off my camera and get back on the saddle :)

Fantastic write up and thanks for the wonderful photographs, as I said elsewhere you have a great eye. I really enjoy watching the kids get to grips with the environment out there, setting up friendships that you see grow each year, much as the kids themselves do! Good having you guys as neighbors, hope to see you there again next year.

Wonderful account and great photos. So now you know why we love doing this "overlanding thing". I hope to meet you and your family at one of these events.

-Andy

Not sure it it goes here or not, Had a visitor on Saturday night.

DSC03522.JPG
DSC03519.JPG
DSC03520.JPG
DSC03521.JPG
DSC03519.JPG
DSC03520.JPG
DSC03521.JPG

The bears up there at Jenks Lake are very curious about cars/vehicles. I've had one try to get into one of my vehicles, and have a friend that had their door ripped open at one of the other camps on the lake.

Back
Top Bottom