what have you cooked recently?

Saturday night meal and get together with family enjoying a meal from one of our past homes in Japan and San Francisco.

From top left - Crustacean-inspired Garlic Noodles, Miso Soup, Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing, Kirin and Orion beer, Shrimp Okonomiyaki with Sriracha-mayo Sauce, and rice.

20141122_164529 (1).jpg

On friday I started a brisket on my big green egg. The first one I cooked couple years ago went for 7 hours and it was still a little tough, so I decided that 23 hours would probably prevent that from happening again. As you can see, everything worked out fine :) I dry rubbed with brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic, mustard powder, occasionally while it was cooking I would spray it down with various liquids, whatever was close at hand. White vinegar/agave/worcheshire, v8 juice/worchestere, apple juice/tapatio/worcestersire... whatever that really good stuff made with fish, tamarind etc... and left on a shelf for a long time.
IMG_1456.JPG

IMG_1461.JPG

IMG_1464.JPG

For some reason I have the desire to eat meat right now... that looks delicious!

Let's see you do that in camp now . . . Preferably when I am there

Back
Top Bottom