Dun Dun DUUUUUUUUUN

libarata

Adventurist
I am purchasing my very own motorcycle tomorrow. Now, I know it is no supermoto, or an 'adventure' bike. It will eventually have some sort of baggage rack or whatever, but it will be mine. 2015 Yamaha SR400. Pictures shall be added, once my name is on it.

Now, I think I found skid plates for it, but really, that is as far as I have seen the accessories go.

I haven't looked at bikes in years, just Googled your bike, holy turn on the way back machine...reminds me of a Honda CL360 I had as a kid back in the the '70's, very retro! Back then, that style was called UMJ, Universal Japanese Motorcycle. The Honda CL series had a high mounted enduro style exhaust on what was essentially a lightweight streetbike, making it slightly more dirt road worthy, certainly not an overland travelling bike. Have fun with it!

It looks like I am stuck with the tires, and I am having trouble finding a luggage rack. It should fit an itty bitty duffle, tent, itty bitty saddle back enough for some food, drink and a minuscule fuel bottle or two. I certainly won't be hitting 75mph highways with her, but I can certainly puts around national forests and make cross state jaunts. Adventure is relative

Beautiful!! I've been looking at these and this style bikes for years, wanting one bad! Nearly bought a 78 cb400a Hondamatic Hawk last week. I don't care how silly my huge self might look on it.... get some pics up!!

My first expedition, overlanding upgrade was very important to me. The rear tail bulb that came stock sucked. So I tactically replaced it with a high power LED. Next, will be the front turn/marker bulbs, which will be the same as the tail bulb, but amber. The rear turn bulbs I still have to source. A windshield, perhaps a metal engine plate to replace the plastic one. Other than that, she will stay stock, as I am hearing the re=release is going to be kept around the 1000 unit mark. Mine is 804.

Here is the stock bulb in running mode,

Here is the stock bulb in LOOK AT ME mode,

Here is the LED in running mode,

Here is the LED in YOU STOP RIGHT MEOW mode,

Sadly, I forgot that the tail bulb also illuminated the license plate, so I wont be riding at night until I nab a little LED in white to light it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, first fuel report. 68 miles per tactical gallon.

Just looking at that bike reminds me of my youth. Enough power to get you where you are going, but not enough to compel you to get into a race with anyone. Enjoy!

Just enough power is right. It is also nice and light, so I can toss it around the corners. Drove on some gravel forest roads today, and can't say anything bad about her. Soaks up the bumbs, and those Battlax tires do alright. I certainly wont be hitting any interstates with her either. 55mph roads only!

What's the top speed on it?

Some reviewers said 100mph. I have taken her up to 75, and it is not fun. She feels best between 45 and 65. Im sure as she breaks in more, the engin will feel better at higher speeds. I need a windscreen for higher speeds though.

Ordered turn signal replacements. They should double the brightness, as they will all be Amber LEDs. Next addition will be a small tank bag, tail bag, and windshield. Coming up on 500 miles

Back
Top Bottom