libarata's Tarpon 100

libarata

Adventurist
Otherwise, henceforth know as, the CSS Guppy. Eventually I will have a decal made for it. CSS, because it was made in North Carolina, and lives in Virginia, and because I can. I will buy a wee little CSN flag for her and all. But, that is purely for giggles. The Tarpon 100 is a 10ft sit-on-top, entry level anglers kayak. It was purchased locally at Rockfish Gap Outfitters, in Waynesboro, VA. I highly recommend those folks! this craft will primarily live on lakes/ponds, over the shallow, and exceptionally rocky 'rivers' in my area.

As it is, she is bare stock. I need to find myself some accessory rail mounted rod holders for up front, anchor system, mount for an iPhone, and who knows what else, possibly a 12v light system if I can justify it.

So many of us on this forum have build threads for our vehicles, I think it would be funny, and fun, to have them for our craft as well! Obviously the customization is fairly limited, but hey, whatever. So here she is.

0302151726.jpg

I uncovered an heirloom egg crate, it is grey, and fits. So the first mod has been done!

This weekend, I hope to take her out for her maiden voyage. Just waiting on my paddle.

Very cool.. You're braver than me to take your phone on the vessel. It's not a matter of if you'll go for a swim, it's when.. :) I want one!

I would've brought you a paddle if I had known you needed one. I just drove through your area toady on my way to West Chester Pa to pick up my FWC Hawk from Mainline Overland.:kayak

There is one at the post office, since supposedly my screened in porch is not secure' enough. It was the least expensive, and longest Bending Branches I could find. Scott, every yokel has to learn that waterproofed cases are never waterproof. I am thinking more of using a GPS unit with my iPad, so I can mark spots I like, then drop it in a waterproof box, and listen to a bluetooth speaker.

Totally hitting lake Frederick this Saturday! Thanks for the thoughts Lump! FYI, Sperryville, Va has a distillery, all VA ingredients and stuff. It is right off of 211 East.

I've had a number of Bent Branches paddles. Great quality. Even though they are sealed, I had one break where the wood meets the interlocking mechanism. Keep it dry after you get it wet!:D

Made in my home state(WI), so I am damn happy so far! I am not a fan of the single spring loaded nub that holds it together though. Makes me have to go buy one of those back-up paddles now.

- - - Updated - - -

Where I will be this weekend, http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/fishing/waterbodies/display.asp?id=73&section=fishing

I've got a cheaper Bending Branches paddle, and I've beat the hell out of it and haven't broke it yet...... course I'll probably break it tomorrow now....

- - - Updated - - -

here it is.. the whisper...
bending_branches_whisper_aluminum_shaft_kayak_paddle_1287232_1_og.jpg

Well, my paddle buddy never showed, so I packed up and went home. I may not be afraid of the cold, or even cold water. But I know when it is too deadly to be alone. The snow dropped the water from 46ish, to 34ish. In the 40s, I am perfectly fine. Oh well, perhaps this weekend?

Just don't fall in!

- - - Updated - - -

or rent one of them bigger boats and let the girls drive......
_DSC0238.jpg

Back
Top Bottom