I did try to get the TMT rack for my HZJ77. As Trump put it....it looks like it was a one time deal for US market as they told me nope. I ended up getting the Rhino gutter mount rack but will probably remove it.

I did try to get the TMT rack for my HZJ77. As Trump put it....it looks like it was a one time deal for US market as they told me nope. I ended up getting the Rhino gutter mount rack but will probably remove it.

Get the Frontrunner rack if you are still after something. Or, if you have someone that can laser cut a rather long piece of steel, clone mine.

I am not sure if I like the frontrunner rack to be honest. Yours is the best I have seen for the 76/77 series. Shame TMT won't sell any more.

A bit of a geeky JDM addition today to the Land Cruiser. Japanese law requires that vehicles are equipped with a signaling device in case the vehicle is disabled. Most JDM cars have a small flare for that purpose that is usually mounted on the passenger side and easily accessible. Before I left Japan, I had a Toyota branded flare, but the Cruiser could not be legally shipped with it, so I've had an empty mount since moving back to the States.

20210506_190022.jpg

I went looking for a flare to put back in there, but instead found something on Amazon that has a much stronger chance of being used if needed.

20210506_190047.jpg

A battery powered LED strobe with a magnetic base.

20210507_220258.gif

I know... not very exciting. But, for those that have lived in Japan, chances are you were a little disappointed to see this familiar part of your vehicle missing. Might as well fill that mount again.

Back
Top Bottom