Folding soft solar panels 100w?

ArkansasDon

Adventurist
I currently have a hard folding suit case style 100w solar panel by Renogy, I like but it's bulky. I've been doing some research on folding soft 100w solar panels that are 3rd of the weight & smaller in size. I like to find a good quality one w\o charge controller & has MC4 connectors. Some of the ones I came across have no reviews, & some are almost as large as my suit case Renogy in size. Any suggestions?
SAM_1688 (1).JPG

Last edited:
I have used Overland Solar folding suitcase for years and have had good service from it. I did upgrade the solar controller to a Victron a few years ago so I could geek out on how much power I was producing.

With that being said they now have a solar blanket that is capable of producing 130 watts and 7 amps and comes it at a bit over 7 lbs that I am looking at to replace my old school set up.

https://www.overlandsolar.com/collections/portable-solar-panels/products/bugout-130-solar-charger

Last edited:
I have used Overland Solar folding suitcase for years and have had good service from it. I did upgrade the solar controller to a Victron a few years ago so I could geek out on how much power I was producing.

With that being said they now have a solar blanket that is capable of producing 130 watts and 7 amps and comes it at a bit over 7 lbs that I am looking at the replace my old school set up.

https://www.overlandsolar.com/collections/portable-solar-panels/products/bugout-130-solar-charger

Another strong recommendation for the overland solar foldable solar blanket. We used it on our trip to AK last summer and it was invaluable when our fixed panels decided to give up the ghost. What I really like about them is that it takes up very little space when folded up. Also when talking with the guys at Overland solar they were telling me that with the type of cells that are used they can collect more solar energy at less than perpendicular angles than most other products which will result in more watts over the course of the day.
F238FF5F-AD48-4992-8709-EFCAEFAD289D.jpeg

I'm looking @ leaning towards the AcoPower 105W soft folding solar panel.
weight: 7.9 Lbs
efficiency: 21.6%
Open-Circuit Voltage (Voc): 21V
Maximum Operating Voltage (Vmp): 18V
Short-Circuit Current (Isc): 6.1A
Module Type: 3×35W Panels
Folded size: 22×15.7×0.8 in
Unfolded size: 55.3×22×0.2 in
Weather-resistant, water-resistant
3 folding legs\stands, laid flat or hung
MC4 Connectors included
priced: Panel only 293.99

Last edited:
I used my folding Overland Solar for the first time in the field last week while in Death Valley. Connects to my Redarc BCDC via an Anderson Plug. I attach it to the roof rack using a couple bolts in the rail and wingnuts for quick attachment and a Snow Peak tent stake to get the angle right.
A1BB2E6C-C4B8-4238-871B-A073394BFA33.jpeg

Last edited:
I decided to go with an overland solar 130w foldable system.
In the defender this will mate with a redarc bcdc 1225D and eventually a lithium battery (agm for now)
But I did get it with their charge controller as well so I can use it with the 200 series at least as a temp setup since it is totally stock except
For fridge wiring.

I decided to go with an overland solar 130w foldable system.
In the defender this will mate with a redarc bcdc 1225D and eventually a lithium battery (agm for now)
But I did get it with their charge controller as well so I can use it with the 200 series at least as a temp setup since it is totally stock except
For fridge wiring.

You will like that set up. I have the earlier version of their foldable system and it has held up remarkably well. I used it last fall on a 6 week trip out west and never missed a beat.

Back
Top Bottom