Shovel combo worth checking out

:headbangCould you post up some photos? The government has deemed that link to be a threat to national security and won't allow me to view it from this computer...

Screenshot_20160922-120604.png
Screenshot_20160922-120549.png

It's is on the pricier side, but as the saying goes: "you get what you pay for."
He builds quality gear, and if people will over $500 for a fancy tool bag, then why not spend some money on a bad ass break down shovel LOL
It is expensive, but I have no doubt it is expensive to make. I'm sure he could make compromises in material quality and have it produced outside the US for less money, but then consumers would not be able to enjoy a quality, American-mad, handcrafted product that will likely last a lifetime or more.

The same argument has been made for camp stoves, for example. Many shoppers would prefer to go to WALMART and buy some inexpensive camp stove made of thin gauge steel stamping's and dubious quality components. Fewer consumers will settle for nothing less than a Partner Steel stove with it's rugged industrial design, handcrafted in Idaho, afterburner heat output, and it's jewel like welds.

It is expensive, but I have no doubt it is expensive to make. I'm sure he could make compromises in material quality and have it produced outside the US for less money, but then consumers would not be able to enjoy a quality, American-mad, handcrafted product that will likely last a lifetime or more.

The same argument has been made for camp stoves, for example. Many shoppers would prefer to go to WALMART and buy some inexpensive camp stove made of thin gauge steel stamping's and dubious quality components. Fewer consumers will settle for nothing less than a Partner Steel stove with it's rugged industrial design, handcrafted in Idaho, afterburner heat output, and it's jewel like welds.

I REALLY miss my partner stove....

True, that's a perfect example. When I bought my Partner stove I thought I was a little nuts for spending so much. But it has turned out to be the BEST camping stove I've ever used bar none and I'm betting the last one I'll ever need. I love nifty handmade/well engineered stuff. An example is the Yetibuilt Moto carrier for a small motorcycle is so cool I want buy a 250 dirt bike just so I have a reason to own one. BUT Being retired and on a fixed budget I have to be very selective with my purchases (it cuts into my travel cash). That being said I believe in the old adage "buy once, cry once".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom