Overland Expo West at Mormon Lake Roll Call

I will do my best to help our members locate and camp with us, if I end up staying on the grounds of the Expo, I'd like to volunteer to hang an AAV banner on the side of my FWC Hawk to designate our AO, that is if we have a spare.
I haven't registered for any classes at the expo and I am on a budget. I have other options for nearby BLM with a bunch of people doing the UTBDR, or nearby National Forest CG's and could save a few bucks by camping there as well as quiet, dust free shade. I just want to do my part and give something back to our community in some appropriate manner.

I have a banner for you Dan. Only requirement is that it can't look like a gear bomb blew up in a hobo camp, see Tango for the camp organization and etiquette brief ;)

I have a banner for you Dan. Only requirement is that it can't look like a gear bomb blew up in a hobo camp, see Tango for the camp organization and etiquette brief ;)

Are you referring Moi to this photo? At least my camp got placed in the expo west gallery...:rolleyes:This was after a week long very windy, dusty sewage smelling racetrack of doom extravaganza. It was on Monday packing up and getting ready to leave after having done my laundry in a bucket and of course no help from what we now refer to 'The Brian'. I was happy to get rid of him and all his carp. I found a picture of him for your viewing pleasure...

I did manage to get a great Engel and give my carppy Koolatron to Gunnermoose.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 139
If your campsite looks like that at Overland Expo I'll send Code Enforcement aka Tango over to evict you :lawyer

;)

Rgr that! I've since learned not to pack a bunch of heavy crap with me anymore. Last year was the first voyage of the Earthship Solar Tortoise and I brought way more than I needed to. Plus I believe with my new camper, and re-modified trailer, I will be much better contained.

Yeah, so reading all of this... I think I am going to park over there.

On fuel I can run 90 most the time and still have 700 mile range so expo is easy and the boon docking by the the event is great

I do have brakes now so I should make it and might be in smb area

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On fuel I can run 90 most the time and still have 700 mile range so expo is easy and the boon docking by the the event is great

I do have brakes now so I should make it and might be in smb area

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I take it, this means you're coming?

Seeing what your camp looks like Dan I don't think I'm going to have any trouble finding where everybody is camped. Unless they pull up stakes in the middle of the night. (<;

Seeing what your camp looks like Dan I don't think I'm going to have any trouble finding where everybody is camped. Unless they pull up stakes in the middle of the night. (<;

My campsite won't look anything like it did before or after the event. I'm in a new clean machine...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 69
Come on Mike do you really think there will be only 1 American flag? :lol On a more serious note looking forward to meeting you in person. Cheers

This is going to be a great event! Some things I noticed last year that have REALLY improved over recent years are:

Food on site. Navajo bread :)drool) and many, many other "county fair" style food and drink options - gone are the days of minimal refreshments available for the weary "traveler" to purchase. It's not Amado anymore...

Wifi and limited cell service are improving. The AAV booth will be located right next to the wifi provider and Overland Solar. Signal and juice should be good for staying fully charged and in touch. Word to the wise - if you're shopping for a solar panel etc, buy them immediately. They were wiped clean by Saturday morning last year!

Facilities i.e. heads, latrines etc. They are getting better at this and the dispersion of these priceless "hubs" of relief. Plan on being self sufficient as always but rest assured there will be plenty of well serviced privy's.

The store/restaurant on site is OK but it will get wiped out so plan on Flagstaff as your last stop for logistics.

Mormon Lake and OVX is about an hour south of Flag so you could run into town for a meal or what have you if you wanted but that ends up being a 3-4 hour round trip. We always grab our groceries and top off fuel there and then make the last leg into camp. YMMV.

Hi Folks! Kris and I will see you all there. We'll be camping at our booth but if we figure out where all of you are, I hope to wonder over in the evenings.

NB: Free Mojoe food all day long every day at the Mojoe Outfitters Booth!

Cam

Back
Top Bottom