2014 Toys for Tots: Official Thread

TFT.jpg

Found this blast from the past...anyone spot Dave in this photo?
Eric

Dave!

I have in my possession a new 18" Mojoe Griddle as per your many requests. I'll bring it to the T4T for you to try out on your Campfire in a Can/Little Red Campfire. I'll be very interested to see how it does on the propane fire pits.

I'm also going to bring a wash-tub fire pit that I just acquired and did my first Mojoe cook using it yesterday out in the desert. It was awesome!

Can't wait for the T4T!

Cam

Dave!

I have in my possession a new 18" Mojoe Griddle as per your many requests. I'll bring it to the T4T for you to try out on your Campfire in a Can/Little Red Campfire. I'll be very interested to see how it does on the propane fire pits.

I'm also going to bring a wash-tub fire pit that I just acquired and did my first Mojoe cook using it yesterday out in the desert. It was awesome!

Can't wait for the T4T!

Cam

NICE!!! :bowdown

Dave!

Can't wait for the T4T!

Cam

Very cool! I haven't the opportunity to try my MoJoe and washing machine tub fire pit out yet. But did try it out on the Kimberley's stove... hoping to get a CampChef single burner from Santa:santa

I'll be looking for you on Saturday. Please remember a Grid lip and maybe an extra carrying case, if they're available:D

T4Ts has turned into a Saturday only day trip for us.

If the 18" goes into production, it's the size that would work best for me as well. Can't wait to check it out.

So this may be a dumb question, but how do you actually get to the event site?
I've never really been on base before.

Is there an address or GPS coordinates to plug in?

Thanks

Dave and crew:

This morning as I exited my house I mad the discovery that all three of my cars had been vandalized. Tires slashed, fuel doors ripped off, paint gashed and the list goes on. Needless to say my money budgeted for the T4T event is now going to repairs and deductibles on insurance. I hate to withdraw but I have to. You all enjoy yourselves. And for anyone that needed a spot I had space #11 reserved and it's now vacant. It was a partial hook up spot.

Tim

Dave and crew:

This morning as I exited my house I mad the discovery that all three of my cars had been vandalized. Tires slashed, fuel doors ripped off, paint gashed and the list goes on. Needless to say my money budgeted for the T4T event is now going to repairs and deductibles on insurance. I hate to withdraw but I have to. You all enjoy yourselves. And for anyone that needed a spot I had space #11 reserved and it's now vacant. It was a partial hook up spot.

Tim
Dang man.. that blows. Sorry to hear this :( hope you get stuff taken care of..

Thank you. It definitely does blow. My wife is freaked out. I'm pissed. The only good thing is that it's all repairable and none of my family was harmed.

Thank you. It definitely does blow. My wife is freaked out. I'm pissed. The only good thing is that it's all repairable and none of my family was harmed.
That's the positive here. It could a been a lot worse. Cars can be fixed or replaced, family cannot.

This just in!

Our friends Jonathan and Roseann Hanson have come through once more with a GREAT raffle prize, someone is going to Overland Expo in Flagtsaff! :cool:

Overland Experience Package (value $280)1 person, 1 vehicle and/or motorcycle/s (kids free)

May 15 - 17, 2015 Flagstaff, AZ, USA

So this may be a dumb question, but how do you actually get to the event site?
I've never really been on base before.

Is there an address or GPS coordinates to plug in?

Thanks

From Dave D

you enter off the 5 at the Harbor/Vandegrift Blvd. exit

From Dave D

you enter off the 5 at the Harbor/Vandegrift Blvd. exit

Copy that. I think I've got it figured out.

I'll be coming from Costa Mesa if anyone would like to caravan down. I'm off work that day and check in isn't until 12 noon so plenty of time to meet up along the way.

Last edited:
Here is the map (OP updated) - enter at the MAIN GATE near I-5/Oceanside. Follow Vandergrift through the base - continue past the Air Station, Ranch House and Rattlesnake Canyon. Turn left at the light for Lake O'Neill.

Go to the fire station - look right (big field) - you have arrived. Check in at the easy up with the AAV banner :)

camp-pendleton3.jpg

NO access by any other gate. Use the MAIN GATE please. And be assured, you are entering a MARINE CORPS BASE. Illegal contraband (weapons, drugs, etc etc) or illegal activity of any kind will get you plenty of trouble on this Federal Installation. You have been warned.

Requirements to enter the base? Drivers license, registration and insurance - tell the gate guard you are headed to Lake O'Neill for a Toys for Tots event, they may even say "nice rig" and wave you through!

:salute

Hey Dave,

Thought I had signed up. Please consider me signed up! TemboTusk will also be contributing to the Raffle.

Thanks,

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom