2018 Honda CB500X

What a transformation... (Pardon the cellphone pics).

0228211450a_HDR.jpg

0305211156a_HDR~2.jpg

0305211154a_HDR.jpg

0305211155a_HDR.jpg

I honestly can't wait to put these in the dirt, but moreso put my OEM wheels back on for daily duties lol. Knobbies on grooved highways is sketchy as hell. It's like riding on marbles.

The arrival home after over 1,500 miles to Utah and back... completely smoked and wiped out. I can't wait to get a truck.

DSC_9620.jpg

DSC_9623.jpg

DSC_9621.jpg

Last edited:
I replaced my DIY rear top case that originally held NVG's, with the Givi Trekker Dolomiti 30L case. Considering I had the Givi Monokey rear rack anyways, this was a no-brainer. This case was perfect and not overly large like you see on the bigger bikes. I don't need to carry that much stuff so this fit the bill better, plus it'll limit me in adding crap I don't need.

20210821_162159.jpg

20210911_142325.jpg

I do wish that Givi provided a better inner padding that was secured in place, rather than a cheap fee floating piece of foam. If you've got any sharp edged or metallic objects that are exposed, the insides of the case will get scraped up with metal shavings floating around... these cases aren't cheap and it shouldn't come with such a half-assed padding option.

On a separate note, my front TKC80 decided to take itself apart on the way home on one of my commutes. Quite nutty that I just made it home on a deteriorating tire. Two center lugs had vacated themselves, with about 3 more lugs tearing away from the carcass. Check those tires, especially as they near their end-of-life.

20210826_183936.jpg

20210826_183954.jpg

I also got a flat on my rear tire the next weekend. Ended up replacing the front with the same TKC80, and with the rear I ordered the same MotoZ Tractionator GPS from Chapmoto. What actually came from them was the standard Tractionator Adventure since it was labeled wrong, but I decided to give it a try anyways. It was a rough week and just rolled with the punches.

Right now I'm just counting down for MRV! I cannot wait!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom