2020 Desert Rendezvous 4WD Trail Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yumafolks

Adventurist
Canyon.State.Overland is exploring the area now. Information coming soon
72633570-D3ED-48EB-A450-46D6EE957FE2.jpeg

I have been pouring over topo maps for trails and POIs somewhere in a 500 vicinity. Can’t wait until the location gets published.

Dave,
There seem to be a few motorcycle guys coming, and we are also looking at a trail run on Saturday. When you get the info, if possible, I'd like to get copies of teh map to review for the moto guys. (Running bikes and 4wheelers together would most likely be "confusing" so i was focused on a separate run.)

Many thanks,

Tim

Dave,
There seem to be a few motorcycle guys coming, and we are also looking at a trail run on Saturday. When you get the info, if possible, I'd like to get copies of teh map to review for the moto guys. (Running bikes and 4wheelers together would most likely be "confusing" so i was focused on a separate run.)

Many thanks,

Tim
@BlkWgn

Ok all, here is what we scouted out. A nice leisurely run through the Kofa Natl Wildlife Refuge that's rated 3 or 4 max, plus a good chance of pinstripping. We will stage Friday at camp about 12:30pm and depart at 1:00pm. The run will take approximately 3 hours and cover about 45 miles. There are just way to many sites to list on this trail but take our word for it, the views are incredible. It's a great moto route too for that group that was interested. For those that want a more challenging run and if the interest is there, we can head out on another run on Saturday. Can't wait to see you all next week!

Attachments

• 1581387473797_New Track 1_25_20 12_54_01.kml
    77.8 KB · Views: 157
Ok all, here is what we scouted out. A nice leisurely run through the Kofa Natl Wildlife Refuge that's rated 3 or 4 max, plus a good chance of pinstripping. We will stage Friday at camp about 12:30pm and depart at 1:00pm. The run will take approximately 3 hours and cover about 45 miles. There are just way to many sites to list on this trail but take our word for it, the views are incredible. It's a great moto route too for that group that was interested. For those that want a more challenging run and if the interest is there, we can head out on another run on Saturday. Can't wait to see you all next week!

Huge Thank You to @CanyonStateOverland for volunteering to lead this run and scouting the area

I definitely want to check out the Big Eye mine area and the Spiral Laybrinth and possible the Castle Dome museum. . Not sure if they are on your map file I haven’t seen it yet. Nice to know you had advance information on where to scout...

@Greg tacos without pin-striping are more like plain tostadas. Those are great as well. LOL. I seem to add some in each state. Then i get home and scrub them all out and start again.

Last edited:
The spiral laybrinth is very close to this track on Gaia. I can run forward ops there if anyone is interested.
https://stujenks.typepad.com/stublog/2015/09/the-spiral-labyrinth-of-yuma-county.html
The labyrinth is very close to the exit of the run we will be doing Friday. We can add a stop there if you want! Also, if you continue to the end of Palm Canyon Rd, there's a short hike to the last place in Arizona where native California palm trees grow in their natural habitat. It's pretty cool. So much to see in Kofa!

The labyrinth is very close to the exit of the run we will be doing Friday. We can add a stop there if you want! Also, if you continue to the end of Palm Canyon Rd, there's a short hike to the last place in Arizona where native California palm trees grow in their natural habitat. It's pretty cool. So much to see in Kofa!

THANK YOU FOR STEPPING UP TO LEAD THIS RUN!

K, so I’m a little hesitant to go on this ride. Never been on a trail run with a group before nor really ridden a trail that had a raging. I’m more of a I think I can or can’t do it in the off road world since again this is new to me in the organized fashion. My biggest fear is you say 3-4, but I’m close to the end of my tires life and I’m not sure they are enough for whatever a 3-4 may be. Here is what I have right now, I will be able to lower my tire pressure of course which will help. Thoughts? I’m fine hanging back if it would be a better choice.
27D76C6F-5540-4513-B02D-AB18369F9C44.jpeg
F815C5BD-CCD1-4CD3-A9F8-C0DE22DB428C.jpeg

Meet up at the drivers meeting. I’m positive a good ride can be figured out. The ratings help give an idea to the trail. So a low clearance 10klb sprinter van isnt trying to squeeze down a UTV trail. There might even be a few different rides Planed at the meeting. Different comfort levels. Its all good.

K, so I’m a little hesitant to go on this ride. Never been on a trail run with a group before nor really ridden a trail that had a raging. I’m more of a I think I can or can’t do it in the off road world since again this is new to me in the organized fashion. My biggest fear is you say 3-4, but I’m close to the end of my tires life and I’m not sure they are enough for whatever a 3-4 may be. Here is what I have right now, I will be able to lower my tire pressure of course which will help. Thoughts? I’m fine hanging back if it would be a better choice.View attachment 50137View attachment 50138
We'll definitely air down for this trail but you should be good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom