Recovery Gear: Ongoing Discussion and Reviews

What is that "loop" made of? Not a big fan of that design at a glance...

I honestly don't remember. The gal I was talking to was surprised with the amount of questions i had about the design, she sensed my skepticism. . Apparently people just accept its from Bubba Rope, Factor 55 or whomever and roll with it.

I honestly don't remember. The gal I was talking to was surprised with the amount of questions i had about the design, she sensed my skepticism. . Apparently people just accept its from Bubba Rope, Factor 55 or whomever and roll with it.

A safety to keep it shut is a good idea. But I trust the original version more than a little plastic ring...

Here's a nice Plasma winch line with some innovation by Bubba Rope:

gator-jaw-pro-line-winch-line_1.jpg

I held a Hi Lift winching and powered winching clinic this weekend @ the Panhandle Overland Rally near Bonners Ferry Idaho. The class was blown away to say the least when they seen how easy it was to use.

i would recommend DYNAMICA ropes are made with a fiber named Dyneema® or UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular weight Polyethylene) or HMPE (High Modulus Polyethylene) in daily use. https://dynamica-ropes.com/

I saw a report on the car carrier ship that sunk in the SC harbor. It is being cut up into 8 sections and a series of slings are being put under each section and the section is then lifted onto a nearby barge. The straps lifting the sling? Dyneema...

Last edited:
I guess I should add that he made it like a hammocks whoopie sling suspension.. so the length is adjustable from 5 to 28 foot... rated at 15,000 lbs.. seems pretty cool to me.

I guess I should add that he made it like a hammocks whoopie sling suspension.. so the length is adjustable from 5 to 28 foot... rated at 15,000 lbs.. seems pretty cool to me.
interesting, I believe it was instructions from him back in the day on Hammock Forums that I used to make whoopie slings for myself.

I wonder how they hold up to 3\8" NexGen PRO Gator Jaw synthetic shackle. As for winch line extension I'm partial to Master Pulls 7\16" x 25' classic synthetic winch line extension.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom