2019 MRV Pot-Luck & Camp Cooking Competition sponsored by L. T. WRIGHT KNIVES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the final decision is subject to conditions on the day, but do we have any idea whether we think fire/charcoal will be usable at the center pit this year?

Menu planning up in the air a bit. I've done "dutch oven" dishes with a gas burner in the past, but the results aren't the same when I can't put coals on the lid...

So prep work at home okay but ALL cooking on site right...

Absolutely, prep work at home is acceptable. Don't spend your camp time slicing onions.
Would not be fair to bake a cobbler at home under ideal conditions and then compete against folks that cook on site.

I know the final decision is subject to conditions on the day, but do we have any idea whether we think fire/charcoal will be usable at the center pit this year?

Menu planning up in the air a bit. I've done "dutch oven" dishes with a gas burner in the past, but the results aren't the same when I can't put coals on the lid...

I've got my fingers crossed that coals would be allowed, but I wouldn't rely on that. Ultimately it is up to Rick, the Ranger of the facility. Even if the Forest Service says open flame and/or charcoal are allowed on their lands, if Rick says no, then its no.

I've got my fingers crossed that coals would be allowed, but I wouldn't rely on that. Ultimately it is up to Rick, the Ranger of the facility. Even if the Forest Service says open flame and/or charcoal are allowed on their lands, if Rick says no, then its no.

Will you know by Wednesday? I need to know before I drag my smoker up.

Fair enough, I'll scratch the planned dish and come up with something that can be done without coals, since I can't adapt that recipe on the fly.

Yeah, same here. So much for smoked Carnitas, as I don’t see any rain between now and then. I’ll have to see what I can come up with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom