NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

I've been on here for a while but I realized I've never posted on this thread. Hey everyone, I'm Spencer and 19 years old. I drive a 1996 Jeep XJ and have been to a couple SoCal Rendezvous in the past. I'm from Ventura County in CA, but currently I'm away at college at Chico State up in Northern California. My dad got me on this site, @ventura911 , a couple years back so I could sign up myself instead of tagging along under his name. I was the bald kid two years ago at the 2017 Socal Desert Rendezvous due to going through chemo for cancer. I'm doing well this past year though and have recovered to my normal self. Nice to meet you all!

Here are a couple pictures I've gotten over the years:

I've been on here for a while but I realized I've never posted on this thread. Hey everyone, I'm Spencer and 19 years old. I drive a 1996 Jeep XJ and have been to a couple SoCal Rendezvous in the past. I'm from Ventura County in CA, but currently I'm away at college at Chico State up in Northern California. My dad got me on this site, @ventura911 , a couple years back so I could sign up myself instead of tagging along under his name. I was the bald kid two years ago at the 2017 Socal Desert Rendezvous due to going through chemo for cancer. I'm doing well this past year though and have recovered to my normal self. Nice to meet you all!

Good to see you posting up. Hopefully, you will be able to make it down for DRV in Feb.

Welcome!

02939FFC-204D-4D47-ACDD-3004F1D53B11.jpeg

Hi, new member here. Coastal California, 3rd Gen Tacoma and Suzuki DR650. Also a mountain biker. I’ve been exploring the West for decades but want to get out to new and more remote places.

Welcome to American Adventurist!

:home

Hello, my name’s Todd. New member here. Live in Long Beach, CA, and am an outdoor junkie since I was a kid. Family camping and fishing, Indian Guides, Boy Scouts, mountain biking, etc. Have been building a 98 Montero for more car camping, as my Jetta wagon hates that I take it off road. I never take the same road twice.

Hello, my name’s Todd. New member here. Live in Long Beach, CA, and am an outdoor junkie since I was a kid. Family camping and fishing, Indian Guides, Boy Scouts, mountain biking, etc. Have been building a 98 Montero for more car camping, as my Jetta wagon hates that I take it off road. I never take the same road twice.

Welcome Todd!

Hi, we're new here. I'm Martin, owner of Hard Korr Lighting we supply camp and offroad lighting and have been lucky to meet so many great people from American Adventurist already because of this. 2018 mountain rendezvous was our first and looking forward to attending all events this year. You will be able to recognize me as we are the ones driving the 2wd Ford E350 van (hoping to trade up to a 4wd soon). My wife Sarah tags along when she can.

Hi, we're new here. I'm Martin, owner of Hard Korr Lighting we supply camp and offroad lighting and have been lucky to meet so many great people from American Adventurist already because of this. 2018 mountain rendezvous was our first and looking forward to attending all events this year. You will be able to recognize me as we are the ones driving the 2wd Ford E350 van (hoping to trade up to a 4wd soon). My wife Sarah tags along when she can.

Welcome aboard Martin and Sarah!

:campfire

Hello everyone! My name is Jason, I love everything outdoors. My family and I try to camp, wheel, hike and Kayak as much as possible. I have served 12 years in the United States Army. We will be moving to Colorado at the end of this year which will hopefully lead to many more adventures!

Make every day EPIC!

Attachments

• B6856E38-FD0E-4891-8CA1-E31822485298.jpeg
    B6856E38-FD0E-4891-8CA1-E31822485298.jpeg
    729.9 KB · Views: 38
Hi, name's Matt. I was fortunate to see a link to the DRV whilst looking about the interwebs. Been camping in popup trailers and motorhomes since my daughter was young but eventually you see the same circuits. After looking for a long time, I finally found a camper van to add some versatility. Went camping recently at Anza Borrego and found that I literally knew nothing. I even missed most of the good statues near Borrego Springs. So much to see - looking forward to seeing how the seasoned adventurists do it. Also been riding Harleys for a few years but those dirt roads that I pass frequently finally got me - and now I cart a KLR motorcycle along with me.

Matt

Hello everyone! My name is Jason, I love everything outdoors. My family and I try to camp, wheel, hike and Kayak as much as possible. I have served 12 years in the United States Army. We will be moving to Colorado at the end of this year which will hopefully lead to many more adventures!

Make every day EPIC!

Welcome to American Adventurist there YooHoo!

2A79845D-AAB3-4365-9A38-20AE5B4B83FE.jpeg

Hi Jason and welcome in. You are going to love all the trails in Colorado! Don't forget to post up your adventures.

Last edited:
Hi all, names Brian from coastal North Carolina and I'm just getting back into off roading after a 20 year hiatus. Wife put her stamp of approval on our new 2018 Chevy ZR2 Diesel and its only done a few camping trips so far. Its remained stock with only a few conveniences like removable CARR steps so the kiddos can get in and a tonneau cover in back to keep the camping gear dry during travel. I'm looking forward to taking some classes and learning how to best use my rigs advantages and find out its limits. I'm glad to see there's a lot of events that happen out around Uwharrie and near the Asheville area here in NC. Hope to see you guys there!

Back
Top Bottom